- Auto update didn’t work and didn’t get an email with licence / download
- Upgraded to Premium but no features e.g. just showing [wfea]
- Items not showing in shortcode after install
- Items not showing or not deleting – Cache
- Multisite – entered credentials – but not working
- Image looks blurred
Auto update didn’t work and didn’t get an email with licence / download
If for some reason your auto update to premium didn’t work and you can’t find any download / licence emails even after checking spam folders, then you can get every thing you need from my account, simply register with the email used to upgrade the plugin.
Upgraded to Premium but no features e.g. just showing [wfea]
Make sure you have deactivated the FREE plugin and activated the PREMIUM PLUGIN – if you have both active at the same time the FREE plugin will run and you wont get premium features.
Items not showing in shortcode after install
If you are getting a totally blank page after install there could be several reasons.
- You are using a caching plugin that has cached the page – try turning off or setting to developer mode
- You have invalid syntax in your shortcode – try simplifying first – e.g. [wfea]
- You have no data in Eventbrite- try [wfea debug=”true’] to see the data available from your linked account
If you get no where, then from the settings page – raise a support ticket with as much debug info as you can gather.
Items not showing or not deleting – Cache
The cache often creates confusion when new events do not appear immediately.
By default the cache period is 24 hours so new events will not show up for up to 24 hours.
This helps the performance of your site and reduces the calls out to Eventbrite.
In the premium plugin you can change the cache time and also force a clear. Go to the settings page, Manage Eventbrite Cache tab, set the cache to a short period and tick the clear cache tick box. They should appear.
Once you have finished testing or changing events, reset the cache to a longer period ( e.g. 1 Day ) to protect your website performance.
Multisite – entered credentials – but not working
Each individual sub site will need the Personal API key entered into the settings.
Image looks blurred
Eventbrite only provide a thumbnail image ( with a maximum width around 450px ), regardless of the image size you uploaded to Eventbrite.
This means that if your layout is quite wide and the image substantially smaller than the div, depending on your CSS, your image may become stretched and therefore look blurred.