People find change difficult, especially in the workplace. This is why any change needs to be closely managed in order for it to be successful. As people progress through the stages of their personal transition, they need different types of support from their leaders and the change project team.
The critical elements of managing change are:
- Ensure that you have strong executive sponsorship and support for the project
- Complete an organisational analysis to understand the impacts of the change to different groups
- Recruit a network of champions to help drive the project from the ground up
- Every project needs a clear vision so that everyone knows what the future is going to look like and what the benefits are
- An engaging communications plan detailing the what, why, when and how of the change is essential
- Employees must be given the training they need to be successful using the new technology
- Celebrate success and reward, recognising people that are embracing the new ways of working
- Don’t stop too soon – one of the main reasons that change projects are not as successful as they could and should be, is that project efforts stop too early
Fullworks is positioned to help you manage change.